Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Heart Day 2013



Gigi, Poppy, Maddox, and Adlyr enjoy Valentine's Day.
Gigi sharing her love of cooking with Adlyr and Mad

Adlyr and her first Valentine love, her daddy.

 Valentine's Day is always approached with caution. Though it is a fun day at school, it is such a "Hallmark Holiday" that I have a difficult time loving it. Neither Micah nor I have ever over-embraced this day, so it is hard for me to be excited about it. But, with Adlyr being three years old, I feel that it is important to begin to make a big deal out of holidays for her as my mom did for Courtenay and me.
The Crane's Valentine's Card was super cute!

Valentines from the McDowell kids: Lila and Nolan 
These are cards from Gigi and Poppy.

Adlyr's decorated Valentine's cards.
The candy that Adlyr chose to accompany her cards.
Adlyr and I decorated Valentine's cards for her friends at school (Ms. Lisa's house!). Additionally, she chose  candy to accompany the cards. She was super excited to distribute them (we made them on Sunday and everyday until Thursday she asked when she could give them to her friends!).

The day arrived and Adlyr went to school with Valentine's Cards in hand! I, however, did not enjoy the day as I thought that I would (at work). Instead, I enjoyed the day loving on my baby, Maddox. He stayed home from school that day because he was sick, so he and I enjoyed a day of loving each other, Chick- Fil- A (with Ms. Stacey and Gage), and napping, With him teething, the nights have been exceptionally long, so this day was a much needed break.
Mad is ready to move.
He has the right idea.


But, the execution isn't successful...yet.

That night, mom and Ron joined us at our house for pizza making, puppy distributing (Ron chose puppy stuffed animals for both kids!), and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment